Covid-19 Measures at Santa Pod Raceway
Events at Santa Pod Raceway are currently limited to a capacity cap in line with government legislation.
We will now be operating the government mandated NHS Test and Trace policy, visitors must either log their contact details when purchasing tickets for each individual attending and/or scan in with the NHS QR code available at the main gate.
Spectators are reminded that Santa Pod will be under close scrutiny from Bedford Borough Council and that individuals must act in a responsible manner when attending the venue.
The safety and welfare of racegoers, participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. Hygiene, social distancing and safety measures continue to be in place around site in line with government guidance.
New Covid-19 Signing On Procedures
Please note there will be NO SIGNING ON, on the day for RWYB. The sign on procedure is now built into the online ticket purchasing process BUT you will still need to present your driving licence at the signing on office for RWYB.
Rule Of 30
In line with the government’s ‘Rule of 30’, groups on site will be restricted to no more than 30. The rule of 6 still applies whilst visiting any of our indoor facilities on site and for overnight stays and therefore anyone staying onsite must not exceed 6 people in any living quarters at any time, unless the group is made up of no more than 2 households. Please see the Camping Information page for more details.
We are pleased to report that both the spectator bank and grandstand will be open from now on, albeit with continued restrictions in place. As well as the group restrictions detailed above, a one way system will be in place in both areas (as per 2020) so please follow signage and stewards instructions at all times.
No Tickets Or Race Vouchers Will Be Available On The Day – Pre-Booking Only.
Before purchasing tickets, please read this Coronavirus information before visiting Santa Pod Raceway.
The safety and welfare of racegoers, participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. In preparation, we are introducing new hygiene and safety measures around site in line with Government guidance.
To allow for social distancing, we are limiting the number of tickets available each day on a first-come, first served basis. All tickets and sign-on procedures will be Pre-Booking Only.
Social Distancing, Hygiene And Safety Measures
Before You Arrive
- We politely request that you do not attend if you or your household start displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 prior to the event. The main symptoms are: a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. See www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for more details.
- Ensure you have your tickets ready either printed off or on your phone prior to leaving for the event.
- Please be ready to pay for items on site with contactless card payment rather than cash.
- We encourage participants to bring their own first aid kits where possible for minor injuries.
- Please be mindful of social distancing within the pits and allow enough space between each pit bay when you park up; each pit bay to include race car and/or trailer only. We ask you stay within your pit bay and take any instruction given by the pit marshal and security.
- All participants must socially distance themselves when working on and around vehicles even within their pit bay.
- DWYB Sign On will take place in the Pod Shop. A one in one out system will be in place during sign on and you will need to present your driving licence. (Despite the Pod Shop being open for signing on, it will be closed for shopping.)
- DWYB Briefings will take place at 9:30am OUTSIDE the Pod Shop. Please ensure you maintain social distancing at all times during these briefings.
- Hand Sanitiser stations will be at key locations around site. We ask you uphold the highest possible hygiene standards with regular hand washing or use of hand sanitiser.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when moving around site, viewing the track and when queuing for the Sign On Office, Toilets & Catering Units. Please pay attention to markers and signs which will be clearly visible at all key locations for your safety.
- Contactless/card payment please.
- Failure to follow requests and instructions may result in removal from site.
Important Additional Information
Booking fees apply for advance price tickets. Prices are per person, per day.
COVID Booking Guarantee
If any of our 2021 events cannot take place due to government restrictions, then ticket holders will be given a full credit value on their Ticket Shop Account valid for 12 months.