"Drifting refers to a driving technique and to a sport based on the technique. A car is said to be drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle, and the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right), and the driver is controlling these factors." wikipedia.org
Welcome to Drift What Ya Brung (DWYB)
At Santa Pod Raceway Drift What Ya Brung days you can come along and learn or practice drifting in safe and legal conditions on some of the Pods 30 acres of open tarmac. There are beginners, intermediate and advanced tracks open at the same time each DWYB day.
Drift What Ya Brung Information
Who Can Do DWYB?
DWYB is for anyone from complete novices wanting tuition to expert drifters wanting quality seat time without authorities or kerbs to worry about. Drift cars are rear wheel drive and usually light to moderate weight. The most popular cars for drifting in the UK are Nissans (S13/S14/S15 and GTS Skylines), Toyotas (AE86), Mazdas (MX5 and RX-7), Fords (Old School Escorts and Sierras) and BMWs (3 Series) but many other cars can be and are used for drifting. All vehicles taking part should be silenced.
DWYB days are limited to 80 people per day to ensure maximum track time and with several prepared areas and courses there is no shortage of drift time.
On The Day / Drivers Briefing
Gates open from 9am to 4.30pm with drifting from just after 9.30am to 1pm and 1.30pm to 4pm (half hour lunch break). The Drivers Briefing takes place at 9.30am but don't worry if your late, just ask a marshall when you arrive and they will be able to go over it with you.
This is Drift What Ya Brung so you will need your own car and tyres. There are full tyre changing facilities on site with a charge of £5 per rim. Tyre disposal is £2 per tyre or you must take your used tyres away with you.
Passenger Rides: If you don't have your own car or it's too precious then passenger rides are available, just ask a marshall.
There are toilet facilities on site and the Cafe will be open from 9am to 4pm. If you run short on fuel, VP Racing Fuel is available from the Pod Shop along with helmets, DWYB Hoodies & stickers and Santa Pod merchandise.
Tuition if required is from very experienced drifters and will start with basic donuts and figure of eights.
A full driving license is required to participate in the DWYB events.
There is a 105db Noise restriction in place for drifting so please ensure you car has mufflers and bring bungs if it is very loud. If people get turned away due to being too loud they will be credited for another day.
All the features mentioned above apply to everything that goes on at DWYB however we have several different track layouts for you to choose from depending on your level of ability.
There are 4 play pens for practicing donuts and figure eights, an intermediate kidney track, as well as an advanced track.
The DWYB advanced track is more suited to drivers with some experience looking to further improve skills. The larger course requires a higher level of driving skill and machine setup making it a perfect track to practice on for those who wish to turn a wheel between competitive events, try out new settings on their cars, or progress to the next level.
Helmets are recommended on the advanced track.
Drivers will have to prove they are competent at basic drifting on the intermediate track before they are allowed on the advanced track. Drivers wishing to practice twining at DWYB days will have to prove they are competent on the large track solo first.
Track Rules & Safety
At DWYB we want you to enjoy yourself while pushing your car to it's limits, but your safety is absolutely paramount while out on track. Like every venue we have some rules and regulations to make sure no-one gets hurt while they're having fun.
These rules will be explained at the driver's briefing at the start of every event.
Getting on Track
- To sign on as a driver you must be the holder of a full UK license and you must present your photo card license when signing on.
- All drivers and passengers must be signed on. No wristband – no track access.
Whilst on Track
- 5 MPH speed limit in pits and all access roads to and from track
- All drivers and passengers must wear a minimum of a 3 point seatbelt at all times – anyone who comes to the front of the queue without will be sent to the back of the queue.
- No static burnouts.
- Obey the flags at all times: Red Flag – come to a safe controlled stop ; Black/White Chequered Flag – End of session.
- Front windows must be no lower than 2 inches at all times.
- Convertibles will be allowed on track with the roof down ONLY if the occupants have a helmet.
- Drivers on the main track who are not conducting themselves in a competent and safe manor will be required to practice in the other tracks until they are ready.
- Once inside the perimeter fence passengers are not to exit the vehicle whilst queuing.
- No oil or fluid leaks will be tolerated.
- All vehicles must be maintained to a satisfactory standard.
- The noise limit is 105 DB at three-quarters throttle in a static test.
- Cars must have at least 2 working rear brake lights.
- Cars must start the day with both front and rear bumpers fitted.
- Cars must have headlights and tail lights fitting into the factory positions and in reasonable condition.
- Cars must have all factory glass or perspex replacement windows (driver and passenger window glass can be replaced by approved netting).
- Cars must have all panels present (including bonnet) and in reasonable condition without any sharp edges.
- Exterior aerosol graffiti is strongly discouraged and will not be deemed acceptable unless part of a full car design or professional paint finish.
- If OEM bumper crash bars have been replaced with welded tubing. You may not be allowed on the main track.
- Cars may be subject to checks by DWYB staff at any point during an event and may be prohibited from using the track until any faults are rectified. If at the start of the day your car does not meet the requirements you can get a credit for a future event. No refunds. All decisions by DWYB staff are final.
Behaviour - There will be zero tolerance for:
- Being abusive, aggressive or threatening to DWYB staff.
- Alcohol or drug taking by drivers or spectators.
- Leaving your pit area full of debris, rubbish and tyres. It will result in you and the drivers you attended with being banned from any future events.
WARNING TO THE PUBLIC - MOTOR SPORT CAN BE DANGEROUS
Despite the organisers taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. Please comply with all instructions of marshals and notices and remain in permitted areas only. THEY ARE CONCERNED WITH YOUR SAFETY.
Please read the full Santa Pod Raceway Essential Information and Terms & Conditions.
Dates & Tickets
- Wednesday 12 January 2022
- Wednesday 26 January 2022
- Wednesday 9 February 2022
- Wednesday 23 February 2022
- Wednesday 9 March 2022
- Wednesday 23 March 2022
- Wednesday 28 September 2022
- Wednesday 19 October 2022
- Wednesday 9 November 2022
- Wednesday 23 November 2022
- Wednesday 7 December 2022
Drifting tickets are only available in advance at a cost of £110 including entrance, and tuition if needed. There is a £10 entrance charge for non drivers/spectators. Kids Under 16 are free (max 3 kids per adult).
- Drifting Voucher + Admission in Advance: £110
- Spectator Ticket only: £10
- Drift Vouchers can only be purchased in Advance. None will be available on the day of the event.
Advance ticket sales close at 4pm the Tuesday before each event or 8pm the day before the event for Print At Home tickets online.
Buy Tickets Online at www.santapodtickets.com or phone the Box Office on 01234 782828
A full driving license is required to participate in the DWYB events.
- All tickets and sign-on procedures are Pre-Booking Only – No tickets will be available on the gate.
- Postage option for tickets ends ONE week before the event starts. After this time only "print at home tickets" will be available.
- Kids Tickets (5-15) are £5 for Day and Weekend tickets. All kids pay full price for Grandstand tickets.
- All ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on "print at home tickets").
- All tickets are non-refundable. All tickets are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis.
- The option of Ticket Insurance via TicketPlan is available when you purchase your tickets.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- Kids tickets - Photo ID is required if kids look older than they are. Kids under 5 are free.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full gate price.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.