Flame & Thunder 2020 'Lite'
Saturday 31st October 2020
Stunts & Drag Racing Family Firework Spectacular
This Halloween, Santa Pod is getting ready to host its annual season finale; Flame & Thunder IS going ahead in the form of Flame & Thunder ‘Lite’. The event will showcase the foundations of the family spectacular we all know and love with an exciting mix of stunts, drag racing and of course our fireworks extravaganza! Witness Jet Cars and 300mph Nitro guzzling Top Fuel Dragsters along with an eclectic mix of cars and bikes from various drag racing classes. Terry Grant and Lee Bowers will be performing stunts track side and Podzilla will attempt the quarter mile!
We’ve endeavoured to put on the best show we possibly can albeit with a few changes in line with the current COVID-19 restrictions. Unfortunately, we are unable to host the Live Action Arena or our Bonfire and our “off-track” activities have had to be scaled back.
TICKETS SOLD OUT
All event content is subject to change or cancellation depending on Government COVID-19 guidance. Activities are subject to track and weather conditions.
What's on - TRACK ACTION:
Top Fuel Dragsters
Your last chance to see nitro burning machines this season and experience the explosive power of what top level Drag Racing has to offer. The dragster pilots will be FIA racer Susanne Callin supported by Draper Tools (UK), uniquely distinguished as Europe’s first 300mph teenager and Laurie Bamford, both driving Slick Trick cars. (All Days)
Fireforce 3 - Jet Car
The awesome Fireforce 3 Jet Car will be thundering down the strip. The jet engine develops thrust equivalent to more than 10,000hp and can run the quarter-mile in 5 seconds with a terminal speed in excess of 270mph!
Multiple world record holder and professional stunt driver Terry Grant will be performing stunts on track and trackside.
The Fastest Shed
Fastest Shed is a motorised shed designed and built by Kevin Nicks. The vehicle has been used to break the world land speed record for sheds three times since it was built in 2015, most recently with a speed of 101.581 mph set in 2018 at Pendine Sands in Wales.
Fastest Wheelie Bin
Swindon engineer Andy Jennings will be bringing The world's fastest wheelie bin to make it's debut on the Santa Pod quarter mile.
What's On - OFF TRACK
As always the climax to Flame & Thunder will be a spectacular firework displays that will begin as the Fireforce Jet Car crosses the finish line.
Show Car Display
A static display filled with nothing but the finest Show Cars, featuring Hot Rods and VWs through to Supercars and Big Rigs.
New for 2020, get more fun for less with the new Token Bundles available from the Dodgems counter, tokens can be redeemed anytime Fri, Sat & Sun.
Get 27 funfair tokens for £25 OR 55 tokens for £50 and really keep the kids busy for hours! Each token counts as £1 when redeemed. (tokens are non-refundable)
Ride prices: Dodgems - £4, Waltzer - £3, Sizzler - £3, Trampolines - £3, Kiddies Rides - £3
Fun Fair COVID-19 Measures - Risk assessments for each ride / Hand Sanitisers on signs at the entrance of each ride / Regular cleaning of rides.
Bars & Caterers (Closes at 10pm)
There is a bar and caterers on site at Santa Pod Raceway. View Caterer Details (All Days)
On site camping is included with all multi-day admission tickets to Santa Pod Raceway. View details on the Camping Page where you can also find a link to Santa Pod's partner American Motorhomes - Large High Spec Motorhomes Hire.
Please be Aware! Important Covid Camping Information: We are delighted to be able to offer you camping facilities HOWEVER, in order to safeguard the continuation of camping at Santa Pod, we ask you to read and adhere strictly to the New Camping Rules!
Flame & Thunder 2020 Tickets
TICKETS SOLD OUT
|Ticket Type||Pre-Booked||Gates Open||Grandstand|
|Saturday (Flame & Thunder)||SOLD OUT||SOLD OUT||Sat 8am||SOLD OUT|
|Weekend||SOLD OUT||SOLD OUT||Fri 2pm||per day|
- All tickets are Pre-Booking Only – No tickets will be available on the gate.
- Advance ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on “print at home” tickets).
- Advanced ticket prices end on the Friday a week before the event weekend at 5pm. After this time tickets will be available at standard rate.
- All tickets are non-refundable. All tickets are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- * Three FREE kids per paying Adult, photo ID is required if kids look older than they are.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes & does not include camping.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets. Eg. Sat/Sun ticket = camping Sat night.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full standard price.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- For RWYB don't forget your driving Licence.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.
Flame & Thunder 2019 Ticket Credit Values
Due to Flame & Thunder being severely affected by adverse weather, a credit value has been awarded to Flame & Thunder tickets. Please see adverse weather ticket policy for details.
Make a weekend of it with evening entertainment in Fuelers bar on Friday and Saturday, then stay on for Run What Ya Brung (RWYB) on Sunday, where the famous quarter mile is open to the public. Details at www.RWYB.com, please note the track is not open for RWYB on Saturday.
Enjoy The Evening
Avoid the traffic queues that form immediately after the fireworks display and stay to enjoy the extended activities including Fun Fair rides.
The advertised attractions may be subject to change. The organiser deems the right to alter these attractions without further notifications.
The safety and welfare of racegoers, participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. In preparation for getting back on track, we are introducing new hygiene, social distancing and safety measures around site in line with Government guidance.
To allow for social distancing, we are limiting the number of tickets available each day on a first-come, first served basis. All tickets and sign-on procedures will be Pre-Booking Only.
Social Distancing, Hygiene and Safety Measures:
Before You Arrive
- We politely request that you do not attend if you or your household start displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 prior to the event. The main symptoms are: a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. (www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/)
- Ensure you have your tickets ready either printed off or on your phone prior to leaving for the event.
- Please be ready to pay for items on site from our catering units, Bar and Pod Shop with contactless card payment rather than cash.
Racers On Arrival
- The pits will be marked out to allow for social distancing between each pit bay to include race car and/or trailer only. We ask you stay within the marked pit bay and take any instruction given by the pit marshal and security. Additional parking will be available for Crew.
Visitors On Site
- Further to recent government restrictions and the ‘RULE OF SIX’ - you will not be able to form groups of more than 6 people at any point throughout the weekend including the campsites.
- Hand Sanitiser stations will be at key locations around site. We ask you uphold the highest possible hygiene standards with regular hand washing or use of hand sanitiser.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when moving around site, viewing the track and when queuing for the Sign On Office, Toilets, Catering Units, Bar and Pod Shop. Please pay attention to markers and signs which will be clearly visible at all key locations for your safety.
- The GRANDSTANDS will be open with a one-way system in place to allow for social distancing. Please pay attention to markers, signage and stewards which will be clearly visible to help you navigate your way to a seat. Hand Sanitising stations will be available at the entrances to the grandstands.
- A one-way system is also in place for accessing the SPECTATOR BANK – please adhere to all signage and take any instruction given by our stewards and security. We ask you refrain from standing or sitting on the pathway that runs across the top of the bank to allow for social distancing and clear access.
- The RWYB PITS/RACE PADDOCK remain open for the public to walk around however, please DO NOT enter any pit bays and maintain social distancing from racers, crew and other visitors.
- We are delighted to inform you that we can now offer SHOWER facilities – these will be open with increased cleaning regimes in place. Please be mindful of all signage in place and take any instruction from the Hygiene Team.
- 10PM CURFEW - All Bars, Caterers and the Fun Fair will now be closing at 10pm.
Failure to follow requests and instructions may result in removal from site!
Flame & Thunder 2018 Photos
View photos from Flame & Thunder 2018 on the Facebook Gallery.
Flame & Thunder Videos & Galleries
Flame & Thunder 2018 Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2017 Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2016 Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2015 Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2014 Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery