GTI Spring Fest
Sunday 21st April 2024
Over the years, from the very first GTI Festival events in the late 1980s, the shows have attracted hordes of Volkswagen enthusiasts to several different venues around the UK. The GTI Festival and 'Inters' were, for a decade or more, just about the only specialist watercooled VW events of the year. Now, we have a busy show calendar.
The GTI Spring Festival is now established as the real 'season opener', and THE one day show for enthusiasts of all VAG marques, SEAT, Skoda, Audi and of course Volkswagen. And now the Volkswagen Group includes Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti too! The GTI Spring Festival, is a show where all VAG vehicles are welcome with open arms.
VAG Vehicles Only
The drag strip will be open for you to take your own car down the track with timing data at ETSlips!
Signing on for RWYB is now online. You will still need to visit the Sign On Office to show your driving licence and your race voucher e-ticket before hitting the track. Please note an Admission ticket is required in addition to your RWYB Race Voucher.
Sign-on costs £45 for the day with unlimited runs. More info on the RWYB page.
Awards on the track include quickest VW, Audi, SEAT and Skoda, as well as a number of awards based on engine sizes. At Santa Pod, you are driving on a superb purpose built surface, and using world record standard calibrated timing. The Santa Pod marshalls and safety teams are the most practiced and efficient staff in Europe. Basically, you are getting the absolute best available when you sprint at the GTI Spring Festival!
- Quickest VW
- Quickest Audi
- Quickest SEAT
- Quickest Skoda
- Quickest Van
- Quickest Diesel
- Quickest Lady
- Class A (1400cc & Below - Stock or Modified)
- Class B (1401cc-1600cc - Stock or Modified)
- Class C (1601cc-1800cc - Stock or Modified)
- Class D (1801cc & Above - Stock or Modified)
- Class E (Aircooled)
The GTI Spring Festival Show & Shine has a massive number of awards. Don’t forget, the GTI Spring Festival is for all VAG vehicles equally. So if you are the proud owner of something special, bring it round to the Show Paddock and park up. Its free to enter and there’s no need to pre-register, just sign up on the day.
- Best Of Show (overall)
- Top 20 (across all marques)
- Girlz N Dubz Top 5 (across all marques)
- Best VW
- Best Audi
- Best Skoda
- Best SEAT
- Best Van
- Best Engineering
- Best Paint
- Best Interior
- Best Engine
- Promoter's Choice
- Best Club Display
The GTI Spring Festival is a show where all VAG vehicles are welcome with open arms. All clubs are invited to display during the day; the clubs area is now able to accommodate in excess of the 40 clubs who regularly attend the event. If you want your club to be part of the show, you need to act fast. The earliest club bookings get pride of place, and we expect to see a huge number of clubs and registers represented, so please get in early!
If your club would like to attend and you have a minimum of 10 cars, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get booked in. Booking deadline 5pm 14th April.
And they said drag racers don't do bends. Introduced in 2010, and free to take part, is the totally insane ‘Dizzy Rascals’ course. A course which is a combination of ‘double roundabouts, straights and chicanes, and which was such a runaway success last July. It was all a bit bonkers, a bit ‘anarchic’, but lots of fun for contestants and spectators alike. The course is very suited to short wheelbase front wheel cars, but 2010 saw everything from Lupos to Transporters having a go at driving the day’s fastest lap, for which a trophy was awarded. There was a constant line of participants, the squeal of tyres, and the crowded spectator area. One car on the track at a time, against the clock, with awards for the fastest boyz and girlz! It’s a completely untried combination of sprint and autotest, it’s free, and you just have to give it a go!
An awesome Jet Car will be thundering down the strip. Jet Cars develops thrust equivalent to more than 10,000hp and can run the quarter-mile in 5 seconds with a terminal speed of 270mph!
Some of the quickest VAG Group cars will be competing in fierce heads-up competition in a class organised by the VWDRC. You’ll see a wide variety of VAG cars from aircooled Beetles to the latest Golfs, and everything in-between. All cars must run 11.99 or quicker to qualify for eliminations, which promises an exciting day of heads-up racing!
Girlz N Dubz features the hottest cars and the coolest owners! Girlz N Dubs kicked off at the ‘VAGfest’ GTi Festival in July 2010, and was an immediate success. It’s worth noting straight away that all cars entered into the Girlz N Dubz competition are automatically included in the main Show & Shine, and will be judged alongside the regular Show & Shine, in addition to being considered for the many Girlz N Dubz trophies. We expect the Girlz N Dubz display to grow and grow, and after a good start last year, we are confident that the competition will be strong and the number of contestants will grow each year.
GTI Festival also features a special Girlz N Dubs 'Wildest Ride' award to the quickest female on the dragstrip during the event. The Girlz N Dubs 'Wildest Ride' trophy will be contested between all girlz, (whether or not they also have a show car in the Girlz N Dubz contest.) Normal signing on fees apply.
The GTI Spring Festival Autojumble is - unlike many shows - absolutely free to show visitors wishing to sell their (private, not trade) VAG bits. All you need do is locate the huge autojumble area, and set out your wares. Spaces are on a first come, first served basis, until the entire area is full. And as it is now becoming difficult to locate certain parts for older watercooled models, it's well worth visiting to browse or buy, even if you are not planning to be selling at the show. Autojumble is FREE.
Every effort is made to bring you a good selection of appropriate traders. Any companies using promotion staff / models are especially welcome, and we can arrange for multi show winning cars to visit your stand for public 'photoshoots'.
There are licensed bars and caterers on site selling food and drink. You can pay for items on site from our catering units and Pod Shop with contactless card payment or cash. There are cash machines in the catering area and Pod Shop. View Caterer details
Gates open Sunday 8am
Buy Now >>
|£21 (inc £3 booking fee)
|£26 (inc £3 booking fee)
|Kids Single Day (5-15)
Buy Now >>
|All Price Bands
|£6 (inc £1 booking fee)
|Kids Single Day (under 5)
|All Price Bands
|All Price Bands
Buy Now >>
|All Price Bands
|£45 for unlimited runs
- Buy Tickets online at SantaPodTickets.com or by phone on 01234 782828. All tickets and sign-on procedures are Pre-Booking Only – No tickets will be available on the gate.
- Early ticket prices end on the Friday TWO weeks before the event weekend at 5pm.
- There is a Postage Fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded). There is no postage fee on E-Tickets. There is a £3 fee for Collection Tickets.
- The Postage option for tickets ends ONE week before the event starts. After this time only E-Tickets or Collection will be available.
- All tickets are non-refundable. All tickets are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis.
- The option of Ticket Insurance via TicketPlan is available when you purchase your tickets online.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- Kids tickets - Photo ID is required if kids look older than they are. Kids under 5 are free. All kids pay full price for Grandstand tickets.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets. NOT single day tickets. Full Camping Info.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full gate price.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.
- When you arrive and leave site, please keep your speed down, don't litter and respect local residents.
More at the Pod!