FIA/FIM Main Event - CANCELLED
Fri 28th to Mon 31st May 2021
FIA European Drag Racing Championships Inc FIM Europe Drag Bikes
Covid-19 Update - 26/03/21
Sadly, we will have to cancel “The Main Event” for 2021 (May 28th/31st), that being the first round of the FIA European Drag Racing Championship. This is of course, due to the continued capacity restrictions and with still no clear path on travel restrictions for that date, we also had to consider the position of the foreign teams and drivers who arrive from various European countries. Our European competitors are what makes “The Main Event” the spectacle it is. They certainly would not be able to self-isolate for 10 days. Taking everything into consideration we feel it is in the best interest of the event that we cancel this as a first round. That Bank Holiday weekend will now host the VW Breakout event which proved so popular last season.
The good news, however, is that we are re-scheduling the “Festival of Power – Unlocked!” from its original Easter date to the 25th-27th June. We will welcome back the smell of Nitro at last with this full round of the National Championships featuring all your favourite topflight drag racing action including Top Fuel Dragster, Nitro Funny Car, Jet Cars and a round for the wild 200mph Pro Modified Doorslammers. Our first 2021 real drag racing extravaganza!
Future European rounds of the 2021 FIA European Drag Racing Championship will be announced in due course. It is hoped that there will be at least 3-4 rounds that can still go ahead this year culminating at the traditional European Finals here at Santa Pod in September.
View the latest revised Santa Pod Raceway Calendar in full.
Round 1 of the FIA/FIM European Championships is one of Santa Pod's most prestigious Drag Race meetings. This hugely popular, televised extravaganza features over 200 teams and 17 classes of cars and bikes including the sports F1 class – 8000bhp Top Fuel Dragsters accelerating 0-100mph in less than 1 second, making this event unrivalled for both the quality and quantity of racing.
As well as the Drag Racing there's fun for all the family with a full line up of entertainment suitable for kids and adults alike, this is the ultimate family day out for the bank holiday weekend.
What's on - Drag Racing
- FIA Top Fuel Dragster
- Funny Car Series
- FIA Top Methanol
- FIA Pro Stock Car
- FIA / Motorsport UK Pro Modified Championship
- Comp Eliminator
- Super Pro ET
- Pro ET
- Super Comp
- Super Gas
- Junior Dragster
- Street Eliminator
What's on - Exhibition Vehicles & Stunts
Attractions coming soon.
What's on - Rides, Exhibits & Kids Entertainment
On site camping is included with all multi-day admission tickets to Santa Pod Raceway. View details on the Camping Page where you can also find links to Santa Pod's partners Camplify - Caravan Hire and RV-sharing, Assorted Events - Pre-pitched Camping, and American Motorhomes - Large High Spec Motorhomes Hire.
For just £109 + VAT per person come along and enjoy the VIP experience including lunch and balcony viewing. Don't worry if you've already booked your tickets, you can still upgrade for a great day out or a gift.
More information on the Hospitality pages.
Main Event 2019 Gallery
View photos from the Main Event on the Facebook Gallery
Main Event Tickets
No Tickets Will Be Available On The Gate, Pre-Booking Only
|Ticket Type||Adv||Std||Adv||Std||Gates Open|
|All Four Days||£110||£140||£5||£5||Thu 2pm|
|Grandstand (Sat, Sun or Mon)||£7||£10||£7||£10||N/A|
- All tickets are Pre-Booking Only – No tickets will be available on the gate.
- Advance ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on "print at home tickets").
- Advanced ticket prices end on the Friday a week before the event weekend at 5pm. After this time only "print at home tickets" will be available at standard rate with no booking fee.
- All tickets are non-refundable. All tickets are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis.
- The option of Ticket Insurance via TicketPlan is available when you purchase your tickets.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- Kids tickets - Photo ID is required if kids look older than they are. Kids under 5 are free.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets. e.g. Sat/Sun ticket = camping Sat night.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full gate price.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.
Main Event Menu
The Main Event 2019 Report, Photo Entry List, Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery,
The Main Event 2018 Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery, Report, Photo Entry List, Livestream Playlist
The Main Event 2017 Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery
The Main Event 2016 Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery
The Main Event 2015 Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery
The Main Event 2014 Highlights Video, Facebook Photo Gallery