Street Weekend - CANCELLED
Saturday 1st May to Monday 3rd May
Covid-19 Update - 26/03/21
Following the government’s Road Map announcement on Monday 22nd February and final clarification from our Local Authority, unfortunately Street Weekend will not take place.
View the latest revised Santa Pod Raceway Calendar in full.
“Street Weekend” is an all new competition for 2021 to find out who’s really king of the street. In a tip off to the coveted Hot Rod Drag Week in the USA, we’re looking at a similar format where drivers need to set and submit a time at Santa Pod Raceway in Northamptonshire before Driving around 200 miles to Melbourne Raceway in York to set a time on day 2 and then returning again and setting a time on the 3rd day. In summary, we’re looking at around 400 miles on the road across 3 days whilst also recording a time on track on each one of the days. Track conditions will be different on each day too with a RWYB at Santa Pod on day 1, an unprepped 1/8 mile challenge at York on day 2 and finally a Performance RWYB with fully prepped track at Santa Pod on day 3. We all know that street eliminator cars are probably the quickest street legal cars on track in the Country right now, but can they really handle that level on road miles? This is the competition to find out.
The winner will be determined by the lowest Total ET of the 3 days, Eg. A 10 second ET on day 1, 6 second ET on day 2 and 9 second ET on day 3 gives a total time of 25 seconds. Failure to make a pass on any given day will result in a penalty time of 30 seconds, and failure to complete the route and sign on at the track on any of the 3 days will result in disqualification. Checkpoints will be appointed along the way which you must visit to complete the allocated route.
Entries / Prize Fund
The entry fee for the event is £250 which includes sign on, on each of the 3 days and admission to each venue for 2 people (driver plus 1). Additional tickets can be purchased through the usual channels.
“The minimum prize fund will be £500 for the winner and £250 for the runner up, an increase on this is subject to entries.”
Entries available soon.
- Racers can travel between tracks when they wish but must stop at checkpoints along the way. It may be that racers must take a photo of themselves and their car in front of a banner at each checkpoint for example.
- Support vehicles are permitted but this must not include car trailers or any vehicle that can be used to transport the car (motorhomes, and other cars etc. are fine).
- Racers are permitted to run on any tyres at each track.
- The winner will be the racer with the lowest combined ET from all 3 days. Failure to run on any day will result in an ET of 30 seconds for that day.
- If the track is open for less than 2 hours on each day due to rain, that day will be declared a rain off Unless every entry has made at least 1 run.
- Racers must submit their time slip for each day to a given location no more than 30 minutes after the track closes at each track. This will allow us to provide leaderboard updates each day.
- There are currently no planned classes, everyone is together in this. Only if we get a significant level of entries will we consider splitting the classes up.
Street Weekend Tickets
No Tickets Will Be Available On The Gate at Santa Pod Raceway, Pre-Booking Only
Tickets Will Be Available In Due Course
|Ticket Type||Adv||Std||Adv||Std||Gates Open|
|Saturday (Santa Pod)||£10||£15||£5||£5||Sat 8am|
|Sunday (Melbourne)||N/A||£12.50*||N/A||Free**||Sat 6pm***|
|Monday (Santa Pod)||£10||£15||£5||£5||Sun 8am|
|Sat/Sun/Mon (Santa Pod + Sun at Melbourne)||£35||£45||£5||£5||Sat 8am|
|Grandstand (per day)||Free||Free||Free||Free||N/A|
* Tickets available on the gate Only ** Kids under 16 Free ***Camping Free
Santa Pod Raceway:
- All tickets and sign-on procedures are Pre-Booking Only – No tickets or sign-on will be available on the gate.
- Advance ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on "print at home tickets").
- Advanced ticket prices end on the Friday a week before the event weekend at 5pm. After this time only "print at home tickets" will be available at standard rate with no booking fee.
- All tickets are non-refundable. All tickets and RWYB track time are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis.
- The option of Ticket Insurance via TicketPlan is available when you purchase your tickets.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- Kids tickets - Photo ID is required if kids look older than they are. Kids under 5 are free.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full gate price.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- For RWYB don't forget your driving Licence.