21st to 23rd May 2021
VW Breakout replaces Big Bang!
Whilst we all spent most of 2020 quite literally locked down, many VW lovers managed at least one weekend getaway to the Pod for the first ever VW Breakout event in September. Even though it was a socially distanced affair and we had to make some compromises to the event line-up, it was a clear sign that the VW community will come out of the other side of Covid-19 as strong as ever and an enjoyable weekend was had by all. In recent years, the Big Bang event has changed with the VW specific focus moving away from the track to pave the way for the coveted Doorslammers event, providing top class drag racing from a variety of door cars, all included within the VW event ticket price. Ironically those VW’s that did attend the Doorslammers were as entertaining as ever as they laid down the gauntlet in both the popular 4 cylinder and FWD race classes. Therefore, with a natural break due to Covid and consequential birth of VW Breakout, we’ve decided that the time is now for a fresh start with VW Breakout. You can expect a combination of highlights from both Big Bang and VW Breakout rolled into the new event whilst the Doorslammers continue to dominate and entertain on the dragstrip. Big Bang is dead. Long live VW Breakout!
We are pleased to announce this 2021 date. The exact line-up for this event will be announced in due course as we understand more about the COVID-19 restrictions that may be in place nearer the time. In 2020, Santa Pod Raceway was proud to have become a COVID secure venue and operated several events successfully throughout the changes in Government guidelines. Santa Pod was able to accommodate full drag racing track action together with a range of exhibition vehicles on and around the drag strip as well as the popular camping element to our shows. Grandstand viewing, show car displays, catering and trade stands, were all executed in an approved COVID secure manner so you can expect all those kind of activities again at the very least but we’re hoping to expand our offering of course!
Tickets and more information will be coming soon. Thank you for your patience.
VW Breakout Photos: View photos from VW Breakout on the Facebook Gallery
VW Breakout - Tickets
No Tickets Or Race Vouchers Will Be Available On The Gate, Pre-Booking Only
Tickets Will Be Available In Due Course
|Ticket Type||Adv||Std||Adv||Std||Gates Open|
|Friday||NO Friday Day Tickets||N/A|
|Grandstand (per day)||Free||Free||Free||Free||N/A|
- All tickets and sign-on procedures are Pre-Booking Only – No tickets or sign-on will be available on the gate.
- Advance ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on "print at home tickets").
- Advanced ticket prices end on the Friday a week before the event weekend at 5pm. After this time only "print at home tickets" will be available at standard rate with no booking fee.
- All tickets are non-refundable. All tickets and RWYB track time are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- Kids tickets - Photo ID is required if kids look older than they are. Kids under 5 are free.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets. e.g. Sat/Sun ticket = camping Sat night.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full gate price.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- For RWYB don't forget your driving Licence.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.