Sunday 11th October 2020
The GTI Festival – Season Finale is for enthusiasts of all VAG marques, SEAT, Skoda, Audi and of course Volkswagen. Now the Volkswagen Group includes Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti too, but the closest we will probably come to seeing any of those will be Bentley rims shoehorned under late Golf arches!
The GTI Festival is a show where all VAG vehicles are welcome with open arms.
To ensure our venue is Covid secure, we have had to make a few changes to the usual line up. Unfortunately, at this time we will not be able to hold the Autojumble and track based competitions. ALL tickets and sign on procedures, for both RWYB and Show & Shine must be purchased and processed online and pre-booked.
The clubs element of the show is replaced with VAG ONLY Pitside Parking – please see below for further details.
The ‘New Normal’ at Santa Pod
Further to recent government restrictions and the ‘Rule Of Six’ - you will not be able to form groups of more than 6 people at any point throughout the show.
Please take the time to read up on all our New Covid Regulated Venue Rules and familiarize yourself with them ahead of your visit to make your day as enjoyable as possible for yourselves and those around you.
Run What Ya Brung
VAG VEHICLES ONLY
Get your VAG pride & joy out on the famous quarter mile and see what it can do with a full performance print-out available for each run.
New COVID-19 Signing On Procedure!
Please note there will be No Signing On on the day. The sign on procedure is now built into the online ticket purchasing process and must be bought before you arrive BUT you will still need to present your driving licence at the signing on office before hitting the trcak.
No Tickets or Race Vouchers will be available on the gate
Sign-on costs £35 for unlimited runs. More info at www.rwyb.co.uk
IMPORTANT INFO: Due to our Covid secure sign on process and to minimise contact, we are currently unable to hold the RWYB Competition.
Autoglym Show & Shine
Open to all marques, all VAG vehicles – modified, classic and retro. If it looks great and is in top condition, we want to see it at GTI Festival 2020!
New COVID-19 Signing On Procedure!
Please note there will be No Signing On, on the day. The sign on procedure is now built into the online ticket purchasing process and remains Free to Enter. Your reg number/number plate will be your Show & Shine entry number.
Please ensure you have your Show & Shine Vehicle Pass clearly visible on arrival. Show Paddock parking may be available on the day subject to availability, however you will not be able to sign on to compete - Priority goes to those who have signed on in advance.
There are trophies and Autoglym products available for:
Best Of Show (overall)
The lucky winners will be announced on the Santa Pod Raceway Facebook page at 2pm on show day. Your trophy and Autoglym goodies will then be brought to your car soon after – unfortunately no presentations at this time.
Girlz N Dubz
Girlz N Dubz features the hottest cars and the coolest owners! Girlz N Dubs kicked off at the ‘VAGfest’ GTi Festival in July 2010, and was an immediate success. It’s worth noting straight away that all cars entered into the Girlz N Dubz competition are automatically included in the main Show & Shine, and will be judged alongside the regular Show & Shine, in addition to being considered for the many Girlz N Dubz trophies. We expect the Girlz N Dubz display to grow and grow, and after a good start last year, we are confident that the competition will be strong and the number of contestants will grow each year.
IMPORTANT INFO: Due to our Covid secure sign on process and to minimise contact, we are currently unable to hold the track portion of the contest – Show & Shine only.
The lucky winners will be announced on the Santa Pod Raceway Facebook page at 2pm on show day. Your trophy will then be brought to your car soon after – unfortunately no presentations at this time.
And they said drag racers don't do bends. Introduced in 2010, and free to take part, is the totally insane ‘Dizzy Rascals’ course. A course which is a combination of ‘double roundabouts, straights and chicanes, and which was such a runaway success last July. It was all a bit bonkers, a bit ‘anarchic’, but lots of fun for contestants and spectators alike. The course is very suited to short wheelbase front wheel cars, but 2010 saw everything from Lupos to Transporters having a go at driving the day’s fastest lap, for which a trophy was awarded. There was a constant line of participants, the squeal of tyres, and the crowded spectator area. One car on the track at a time, against the clock, with awards for the fastest boyz and girlz! It’s a completely untried combination of sprint and autotest, it’s free, and you just have to give it a go!
VAG ONLY Pitside Parking is available to pre-book. This replaces Club Stands/Displays and guarantees hardstanding parking. Any clubs are advised to arrive together so as to be able to park in close proximity.
For Pitside Parking, please select the Pitside Parking Pass ticket option when booking online. The deadline for Pitside Parking is Monday 5th October at 5pm. Your Pit Pass Hanger will be posted out to you prior to the event and must be displayed on arrival.
After this time, Pitside Parking will be allocated on a first come first serve basis on the day subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
Along with SPRINGfest, the GTI Festival is planned to be the very best one day show of its kind, and every effort is made to bring you a good selection of appropriate traders.
Bars & Caterers (Closes at 10pm)
There is a bar and caterers on site at Santa Pod Raceway. View Caterer Details (All Days)
GTI Festival Preliminary Running Order
These are start line times for guidance only and may vary with track, weather or racing conditions. The organiser deems the right to alter these times without further notifications.
|8am||Sign On Opens||Sign on Office|
|8am||Autoglym Show & Shine / Girlz 'n' Dubz Opens||Show Paddock|
|9.30am||VWDRC Heads Up - Q1||Track|
|9.40am||Track opens for RWYB||Track|
|10.30am||VWDRC Heads Up - Q2||Track|
|11am||Dizzy Rascals circuit Opens||Arena|
|12pm||VWDRC Heads Up - Q3||Track|
|12pm||Autoglym Show & Shine / Girlz 'n' Dubz Judging Begins||Show Paddock|
|12.30pm||Lunch break on Track||Track|
|1.30pm||VWDRC Heads Up - E1||Track|
|2pm||Dizzy Rascals circuit Closes||Arena|
|2.30pm||VWDRC Heads Up - E2||Track|
|2.30pm||Autoglym Show & Shine / Girlz 'n' Dubz Winners Announced||Santa Pod Facebook Page|
|3.30pm||VWDRC Heads Up - Semi Finals||Track|
|4.30pm||VWDRC Heads Up - Finals||Track|
|5pm||GTI Festival Ends!||See you next year!|
GTI Festival Tickets
Buy Tickets Online at www.santapodtickets.com or phone the Box Office on 01234 782828
Kids Under 13 FREE*
|Ticket Type||Pre-Booked ONLY||Gates Open||Grandstand|
- All tickets and sign-on procedures are Pre-Booking Only – No tickets or sign-on will be available on the gate.
- Ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on “print at home” tickets).
- All tickets are non-refundable. All tickets are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- * Three FREE kids per paying Adult, photo ID is required if kids look older than they are.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes, day tickets will be sold on the gate until 4pm.
- Camping is not available.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.
The safety and welfare of racegoers, participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. In preparation for getting back on track, we are introducing new hygiene, social distancing and safety measures around site in line with Government guidance.
To allow for social distancing, we are limiting the number of tickets available each day on a first-come, first served basis. All tickets and sign-on procedures will be Pre-Booking Only.
Social Distancing, Hygiene and Safety Measures:
Before You Arrive
- We politely request that you do not attend if you or your household start displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 prior to the event. The main symptoms are: a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. (www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/)
- Ensure you have your tickets ready either printed off or on your phone prior to leaving for the event.
- Please be ready to pay for items on site from our catering units, Bar and Pod Shop with contactless card payment rather than cash.
Racers On Arrival
- The pits will be marked out to allow for social distancing between each pit bay to include race car and/or trailer only. We ask you stay within the marked pit bay and take any instruction given by the pit marshal and security. Additional parking will be available for Crew.
Visitors On Site
- Further to recent government restrictions and the ‘RULE OF SIX’ - you will not be able to form groups of more than 6 people at any point throughout the weekend including the campsites.
- Hand Sanitiser stations will be at key locations around site. We ask you uphold the highest possible hygiene standards with regular hand washing or use of hand sanitiser.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when moving around site, viewing the track and when queuing for the Sign On Office, Toilets, Catering Units, Bar and Pod Shop. Please pay attention to markers and signs which will be clearly visible at all key locations for your safety.
- The GRANDSTANDS will be open with a one-way system in place to allow for social distancing. Please pay attention to markers, signage and stewards which will be clearly visible to help you navigate your way to a seat. Hand Sanitising stations will be available at the entrances to the grandstands.
- A one-way system is also in place for accessing the SPECTATOR BANK – please adhere to all signage and take any instruction given by our stewards and security. We ask you refrain from standing or sitting on the pathway that runs across the top of the bank to allow for social distancing and clear access.
- The RWYB PITS/RACE PADDOCK remain open for the public to walk around however, please DO NOT enter any pit bays and maintain social distancing from racers, crew and other visitors.
- We are delighted to inform you that we can now offer SHOWER facilities – these will be open with increased cleaning regimes in place. Please be mindful of all signage in place and take any instruction from the Hygiene Team.
- 10PM CURFEW - All Bars, Caterers and the Fun Fair will now be closing at 10pm.
Failure to follow requests and instructions may result in removal from site!