Fri 15th to Sun 17th May 2020
Big Money, Street Style Race!
Doorslammers 2020 Suspended
Update on Doorslammers: Corona Virus (COVID-19)
Unfortunately Doorslammers has been suspended. Therefore Ticket Holders will receive a full credit to your Santa Pod Ticket Shop account equal to exactly what you’ve already paid, which can be redeemed against any Santa Pod Raceway event within the next 24 months. This will be added to your account automatically. Contrary to our standard terms and conditions, this credit will be available for 24 months instead of the standard 12 AND include any booking and postage fees that you’ve paid.
We are operating with a reduced workforce like so many other businesses causing a significant delay in our normal administration processes but we will be in touch with all our visitors as soon as we have more information to share. We are also trying hard to instigate a few more bells and whistles on our ticketing platform to make some of the admin quicker and more efficient for us all. Bear with us, while we work through all the communications, enquiries and requests from our customers – we’re dealing with everything as quickly as possible but it’s not easy.
Rest assured that we will get around to you!
At Santa Pod Raceway the safety and welfare of racegoers and participants is paramount. Please view the latest information regarding how the situation is affecting events at Santa Pod Raceway on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
Doorslammers which ran in the 1970’s and 1980’s is back at Santa Pod in a bigger and better format, along with a huge prize fund. The Doorslammers has six heads-up classes along with one huge Bracket class. The prize money up for grabs will be £85k, this will again be the largest prize money ever paid out for this type of event in the UK.
Entry List: View the Doorslammers 2020 Entry List
Video: Doorslammers Promo video:
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- No limitations, Safety rules only
- Class sponsored by VP Racing Fuels - The Official Fuel of Doorslammers!
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- MOT and taxed cars only
- No Wheelie bars
- No chassis mods allowed (Must retain original floor pan, firewall and chassis)
- Subject to MOT checks and tech inspections with tech cards
- Full Exhaust System Required
- Any E marked tyre permitted plus: Hoosier Quick Time (Full Tread Pattern), Mickey Thompson - Sportsman / Sportsman Pro / ET Street Radial / ET Street Radial S/S, BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial, M&H - Drag Radial / Muscle Car DOT Drag Tyre. (Mickey Thompson ET Street R are NOT PERMITTED)
- All tyres must maintain a tread depth of at least 1.6mm across 75% of the tyre at all times.
Webster Race Engineering 4 Cylinder
Entry Fee £200 - Prize Pot £7.5k, Winner £3,500
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- Up to Four cylinder
- Rotary cars NOT permitted
- Road Legal Electric cars permitted
- Class sponsored by Webster Race Engineering
Big Bracket x 2
Entry Fee £200 - Prize Pot £10k Per Day, Winners £5k
- Each bracket race will take place over a single day
- 6.99 to 11.99 dial in only
- One Practice run and NO qualifying
- Random pairings
- Ladders produced for the last 8 cars
- All electronics allowed
- Random first bulb Sportsman Tree
- First round “buy back” £50 (If time allows. Payment must be made at Sign-on before buy back race)
- Buy back racers vs buy back racer before entering second round eliminations
- The Big Bracket class will be scheduled/time tabled runs only over both days
- All run field
Bet On Drag Racing!
Santa Pod Raceway are very pleased to announce that Redzone.bet will be back at The Doorslammers for 2020, if you haven’t already joined go to www.redzone.bet/santapod. Odds will go up shortly. In the meantime, once you’ve joined check out the odds for the NHRA Mello Yello Top Fuel Dragster Championship. We understand more classes and event outcomes will be added as the season progresses.
RulesThe organiser deems the right to add to or alter these rules prior to the event.
- A full valid recognised road driving licence or MSA/FIA licence is required to sign-on.
- A declaration form must be signed by the driver before running on the track.
- The Race Director/Promoter retains the right to refuse track access to any vehicle they deem to be unsuitable, entry will not be refunded.
- Open Qualifying; Unlimited qualifying runs available for all heads-up classes on Saturday. Run at any time. No mixed class qualifying, all heads up cars must run as a pair from the same class or solo.
- Qualified cars in each heads-up class will advance to Sundays’ eliminations. All pairings and lanes will be drawn at random for each elimination round.
- All normal MSA/FIA general racing rules will apply such as blue line (excludes Pro Doorslammer), first or worst, red lights, boundary infringements and staging rules etc.
- 30 seconds starting rule from staging lanes applies. The Starters decision is final.
- The race director’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- All prize fund pay-outs are subject to a minimum 16 entries or on a downward sliding scale thereafter. Please see prize fund chart for details.
- The Big Bracket must have a minimum entry field of 25 cars per day to activate the 10k prize fund structure.
- In heads up classes 3 to 4 qualifiers will compete in 4 car eliminations, 5 to 12 in 8 car eliminations, 13 + cars in 16 car eliminations, 32 car eliminations will be run at the promoters discretion.
- The big bracket class is an all run field.
- The Doorslammers event is reserved for full bodied left or right-hand drive cars.
- Seat belts are mandatory.
- Arm restraints are mandatory for all open top and windowless vehicles.
- A safety helmet that is fit for purpose and a suitable fire suit are compulsory for ALL competitors.
- The driver must declare that their vehicle is safe and complies with the necessary rules and regulations.
- All vehicles taking part must be fit for purpose.
- Roll cages are strongly recommended for all vehicles running quicker than 12 seconds over a quarter mile.
- An SFI spec neck brace is recommended for ALL competitors using a helmet and compulsory for anyone travelling 130mph and faster.
- It is recommended that there is a secondary braking system for all vehicles travelling faster than 150mph, this can be a parachute or mechanical braking system in addition to a hydraulic system.
- A 5-point harness is strongly advised for vehicles capable of 145mph+.
- A HANS device is strongly advised for vehicles travelling 170mph and faster.
- It is highly recommended that all fuel systems and tanks are separated from the driver. There should be at least a bulkhead between the driver and the fuel lines and tank.
- Please note that if you and your vehicle have taken part in MSA/FIA competition, the safety rules and equipment required at the Doorslammers is the same as any MSA/FIA race event.
- All cars must have slammable doors!
- No Jets.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or enquiries regarding Doorslammers rules.
Entry Fees & Prize Funds
|Class||Entry Fee||Ticket Allocation||Prize Fund|
|Front Wheel Drive||£200||4||£10k|
|Big Bracket||£200 per day||4 for single day, 6 for weekend||£10k per day|
Entry Fee includes 16amp single phase power (3 phase power on request extra £100).
Semi finalists x 2
Quarter finalists x 4
|Front Wheel Drive||£5k||£2k||£1k||£250|
|Big Bracket (per day)||£5k||£2k||£1k||£250|
New for 2020: £2,500 Random Giveaway
We are giving away £500 to the winners of 5 random side by side pairings during eliminations!
Five “Golden Chips” will be waiting to be drawn out of the hat. If your race is a “Golden Chip” race, you’re in with a chance of pocketing £500 for the win!
Racers can enter and pay online at www.racers.santapodtickets.com or by phone on 01234 782828.
For just £119 + VAT per person come along and enjoy the VIP experience including lunch and balcony viewing. Don't worry if you've already booked your tickets, you can still upgrade for a great day out or a gift.
More information on the Hospitality page.
The Doorslammers - Tickets
Buy Tickets Online at www.santapodtickets.com or phone the Box Office on 01234 782828
Kids Under 16 FREE*
|Ticket Type||Advance||Standard||Gates Open||Grandstand|
|Friday||NO Friday Day Tickets||N/A||Free|
|Sat / Sun||£25||£33||Sat 8am||Free|
|Weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun)||£35||£45||Fri 9am||Free|
- Advance ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on "print at home tickets").
- Advanced ticket prices end on the Friday a week before the event weekend at 5pm. After this time only "print at home tickets" will be available at standard rate with no booking fee.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- * Three FREE kids per paying Adult, photo ID is required if kids look older than they are.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes, day tickets will be sold on the gate until 4pm.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets. e.g. Sat/Sun ticket = camping Sat night.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full gate price.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- For RWYB don't forget your driving Licence.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.
Full 2019 Doorslammers TV Show