Fri 20th to Sun 22nd May 2022
Big Money, Street Style Race!
Doorslammers which ran in the 1970’s and 1980’s is back at Santa Pod in a bigger and better format, along with a huge prize fund. The Doorslammers has five heads-up classes along with one huge Bracket class. The prize money up for grabs will be £90k!
Day Tickets from £22.50, Kids just £5 - Buy Tickets Online at santapodtickets.com
Entry Fee £500 - Prize Pot £20k, Winner £10k
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- No limitations, Safety rules only
Entry Fee £250- Prize Pot £10k, Winner £5k
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- MOT and taxed cars only
- No Wheelie bars
- No chassis mods allowed (Must retain original floor pan, firewall and chassis)
- Subject to MOT checks and tech inspections with tech cards
- Full Exhaust System Required
- Any E marked tyre permitted plus: Hoosier Quick Time (Full Tread Pattern), Mickey Thompson - Sportsman / Sportsman Pro / ET Street Radial / ET Street Radial S/S, BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial, M&H - Drag Radial / Muscle Car DOT Drag Tyre. (Mickey Thompson ET Street R are NOT PERMITTED)
- All tyres must maintain a tread depth of at least 1.6mm across 75% of the tyre at all times.
Entry Fee £250 - Prize Pot £10k, Winner £5k
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- Up to Four cylinder
- Rotary cars NOT permitted
- Road Legal Electric cars permitted
Entry Fee £200 per day - Prize Pot £10k Per Day, Winners £5k
- Each bracket race will take place over a single day
- 6.99 to 11.99 dial in only
- One Practice run and NO qualifying
- Random pairings
- All electronics allowed
- Random first bulb Sportsman Tree
- First round “buy back” £50 (If time allows. Payment must be made at Sign-on before buy back race)
- Buy back racers vs buy back racer before entering second round eliminations
- The Big Bracket class will be scheduled/time tabled runs only over both days
- All run field
RulesThe organiser deems the right to add to or alter these rules prior to the event.
- Drivers must present their full valid recognised road driving licence or Motorsport UK/FIA licence in the Sign On Office before running on the track.
- The Race Director/Promoter retains the right to refuse track access to any vehicle they deem to be unsuitable, entry will not be refunded.
- Open Qualifying; Unlimited qualifying runs available for all heads-up classes on Saturday. Run at any time.
- Qualified cars in each heads-up class will advance to Sundays’ eliminations. All pairings and lanes will be drawn at random for each elimination round.
- All normal Motorsport UK/FIA general racing rules will apply such as blue line, first or worst, red lights, boundary infringements and staging rules etc.
- 30 seconds starting rule from staging lanes applies. The Starters decision is final.
- The race director’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- All prize fund pay-outs are subject to a minimum 16 entries or on a downward sliding scale thereafter. Please see prize fund chart for details.
- Classes must have a minimum entry field to activate the full prize fund structure.
- In heads up classes 3 to 4 qualifiers will compete in 4 car eliminations, 5 to 12 in 8 car eliminations, 13 + cars in 16 car eliminations, 32 or 64 car eliminations will be run at the promoters discretion.
- The big bracket class is an all run field.
- The Doorslammers event is reserved for full bodied left or right-hand drive cars.
- Seat belts are mandatory.
- Arm restraints are mandatory for all open top and windowless vehicles.
- A safety helmet that is fit for purpose and a suitable fire suit are compulsory for ALL competitors.
- The driver must declare that their vehicle is safe and complies with the necessary rules and regulations.
- All vehicles taking part must be fit for purpose.
- Roll cages are strongly recommended for all vehicles running quicker than 12 seconds over a quarter mile.
- An SFI spec neck brace is recommended for ALL competitors using a helmet and compulsory for anyone travelling 130mph and faster.
- It is recommended that there is a secondary braking system for all vehicles travelling faster than 150mph, this can be a parachute or mechanical braking system in addition to a hydraulic system.
- A 5-point harness is strongly advised for vehicles capable of 145mph+.
- A HANS device is strongly advised for vehicles travelling 170mph and faster.
- It is highly recommended that all fuel systems and tanks are separated from the driver. There should be at least a bulkhead between the driver and the fuel lines and tank.
- Please note that if you and your vehicle have taken part in MSA/FIA competition, the safety rules and equipment required at the Doorslammers is the same as any MSA/FIA race event.
- All cars must have slammable doors!
- No Jets.
|Class||Entry Fee||Ticket Allocation||Prize Fund|
|Front Wheel Drive||£250||4||£10k|
|Big Bracket||£200 per day||4 for single day, 6 for weekend*||£10k per day|
Entry Fee includes 16amp single phase power (3 phase power on request extra £TBC). *2 x single day entries will only get 6 tickets”.
Semi finalists x 2
Quarter finalists x 4
|Front Wheel Drive||£5k||£2k||£1k||£250||32|
|Big Bracket (per day)||£5k||£2k||£1k||£250||25|
NOTE: Full Prize money only paid out if expected class sizes are achieved.
Race Entries available soon.
No tickets will be available on the gate, Pre-Booking Only
|Ticket Type||Winter Saver||Early
|Adult Saturday||£22.50||£25||£33||Sat 8am|
|Adult Sunday||£22.50||£25||£33||Sun 8am|
|Adult Weekend||£55.80||£62||£76||Fri 12pm|
|Kids (under 5)||Free||Free||Free||N/A|
|Grandstand (per day)||Free||Free||Free||N/A|
|Winter Saver Tickets end 31st January, Early Tickets end 13th May.|
- All tickets are Pre-Booking Only – No tickets will be available on the gate.
- Postage option for tickets ends ONE week before the event starts. After this time only "print at home tickets" will be available.
- Kids Tickets (5-15) are £5 for Day and Weekend tickets. All kids pay full price for Grandstand tickets.
- All ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on "print at home tickets").
- All tickets are non-refundable. All tickets are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis.
- The option of Ticket Insurance via TicketPlan is available when you purchase your tickets.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- Kids tickets - Photo ID is required if kids look older than they are. Kids under 5 are free.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full gate price.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.
Also on at The Doorslammers
Full 2019 Doorslammers TV Show
Watch the action from 2019.