Fri 15th to Sun 17th May 2020
Big Money, Street Style Race!
Doorslammers which ran in the 1970’s and 1980’s is back at Santa Pod in a bigger and better format, along with a huge prize fund. The Doorslammers has six heads-up classes along with one huge Bracket class. The prize money up for grabs will be £85k, this will again be the largest prize money ever paid out for this type of event in the UK.
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- No limitations, Safety rules only
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- MOT and taxed cars only
- No Wheelie bars
- No chassis mods allowed (Must retain original floor pan, firewall and chassis)
- Subject to MOT checks and tech inspections with tech cards
- Full Exhaust System Required
- Any E marked tyre permitted plus: Hoosier Quick Time (Full Tread Pattern), Mickey Thompson - Sportsman / Sportsman Pro / ET Street Radial / ET Street Radial S/S, BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial, M&H - Drag Radial / Muscle Car DOT Drag Tyre. (Mickey Thompson ET Street R are NOT PERMITTED)
- All tyres must maintain a tread depth of at least 1.6mm across 75% of the tyre at all times.
Entry Fee £200 - Prize Pot £7.5k, Winner £3,500
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- Up to Four cylinder
- Rotary cars NOT permitted
- Road Legal Electric cars permitted
Big Bracket x 2
Entry Fee £200 - Prize Pot £10k Per Day, Winners £5k
- Each bracket race will take place over a single day
- 6.99 to 11.99 dial in only
- One Practice run and NO qualifying
- Random pairings
- Ladders produced for the last 8 cars
- All electronics allowed
- Random first bulb Sportsman Tree
- First round “buy back” £50 (payment must be made at Sign-on before buy back race)
- Buy back racers vs buy back racer before entering second round eliminations
- The Big Bracket class will be scheduled/time tabled runs only over both days
- All run field
RulesThe organiser deems the right to add to or alter these rules prior to the event.
- A full valid recognised road driving licence or MSA/FIA licence is required to sign-on.
- A declaration form must be signed by the driver before running on the track.
- The Race Director/Promoter retains the right to refuse track access to any vehicle they deem to be unsuitable, entry will not be refunded.
- Open Qualifying; Unlimited qualifying runs available for all heads-up classes on Saturday. Run at any time. No mixed class qualifying, all heads up cars must run as a pair from the same class or solo.
- Qualified cars in each heads-up class will advance to Sundays’ eliminations. All pairings and lanes will be drawn at random for each elimination round.
- All normal MSA/FIA general racing rules will apply such as blue line (excludes Pro Doorslammer), first or worst, red lights, boundary infringements and staging rules etc.
- 30 seconds starting rule from staging lanes applies. The Starters decision is final.
- The race director’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- All prize fund pay-outs are subject to a minimum 16 entries or on a downward sliding scale thereafter. Please see prize fund chart for details.
- The Big Bracket must have a minimum entry field of 25 cars per day to activate the 10k prize fund structure.
- In heads up classes 3 to 4 qualifiers will compete in 4 car eliminations, 5 to 12 in 8 car eliminations, 13 + cars in 16 car eliminations, 32 car eliminations will be run at the promoters discretion.
- The big bracket class is an all run field.
- The Doorslammers event is reserved for full bodied left or right-hand drive cars.
- Seat belts are mandatory.
- Arm restraints are mandatory for all open top and windowless vehicles.
- A safety helmet that is fit for purpose and a suitable fire suit are compulsory for ALL competitors.
- The driver must declare that their vehicle is safe and complies with the necessary rules and regulations.
- All vehicles taking part must be fit for purpose.
- Roll cages are strongly recommended for all vehicles running quicker than 12 seconds over a quarter mile.
- An SFI spec neck brace is recommended for ALL competitors using a helmet and compulsory for anyone travelling 130mph and faster.
- It is recommended that there is a secondary braking system for all vehicles travelling faster than 150mph, this can be a parachute or mechanical braking system in addition to a hydraulic system.
- A 5-point harness is strongly advised for vehicles capable of 145mph+.
- A HANS device is strongly advised for vehicles travelling 170mph and faster.
- It is highly recommended that all fuel systems and tanks are separated from the driver. There should be at least a bulkhead between the driver and the fuel lines and tank.
- Please note that if you and your vehicle have taken part in MSA/FIA competition, the safety rules and equipment required at the Doorslammers is the same as any MSA/FIA race event.
- All cars must have slammable doors!
- No Jets.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or enquiries regarding Doorslammers rules.
Entry Fees & Prize Funds
|Class||Entry Fee||Ticket Allocation||Prize Fund|
|Front Wheel Drive||£200||4||£10k|
|Big Bracket||£200 per day||4 for single day, 6 for weekend||£10k per day|
Entry Fee includes 16amp single phase power (3 phase power on request extra £100).
Semi finalists x 2
Quarter finalists x 4
|Front Wheel Drive||£5k||£2k||£1k||£250|
|Big Bracket (per day)||£5k||£2k||£1k||£250|
New for 2020: £2,500 Random Giveaway
We are giving away £500 to the winners of 5 random side by side pairings during eliminations!
Five “Golden Chips” will be waiting to be drawn out of the hat. If your race is a “Golden Chip” race, you’re in with a chance of pocketing £500 for the win!
Racers can enter and pay online at www.racers.santapodtickets.com or by phone on 01234 782828.
For just £119 + VAT per person come along and enjoy the VIP experience including lunch and balcony viewing. Don't worry if you've already booked your tickets, you can still upgrade for a great day out or a gift.
More information on the Hospitality page.
The Doorslammers - Tickets
Buy Tickets Online at www.santapodtickets.com or phone the Box Office on 01234 782828
Kids Under 16 FREE*
|Ticket Type||Early Bird||Adv||Standard||Gates Open||Grandstand|
|Friday||NO Friday Day Tickets||N/A||Free|
|Sat / Sun||£20||£25||£33||Sat 8am||Free|
|Weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun)||£28||£35||£45||Fri 9am||Free|
- Advance ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on "print at home tickets").
- Advanced ticket prices end on the Friday a week before the event weekend at 5pm. After this time only "print at home tickets" will be available at standard rate with no booking fee.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- * Three FREE kids per paying Adult, photo ID is required if kids look older than they are.
- **Early Bird discounts of 20% are available for this event until 31st January (year of the event) on admission tickets only. These cannot to be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes, day tickets will be sold on the gate until 4pm.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets. e.g. Sat/Sun ticket = camping Sat night.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full gate price.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- For RWYB don't forget your driving Licence.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.
Full 2019 Doorslammers TV Show