Best of British
Saturday 23rd April 2022
The time to celebrate Britain is now and what better way to celebrate the pinnacle of British engineering than with a cavalcade of British cars at Santa Pod Raceway, Santa Pod will host the best the British motor industry has to offer. From the finest models to leave the UK’s production lines to the quirky additions from the cottage industries that gave us the home made oddities from across the nation. Whether you’re an enthusiast of the classics or the contemporary they’ll be plenty for you to see.
Day Tickets from £17.10, Kids just £5 - Buy Tickets Online at santapodtickets.com
Open to British Vehicles Only, Pre-Booking Only
The drag strip will be open for you to take your own car down the track with performance print outs!
Signing on for RWYB is now online via your smart phone or the PC in the Sign On Office. You will still need to visit the Sign On Office to show your driving licence and your race voucher e-ticket before hitting the track. Please note an Admission ticket is required in addition to your RWYB Race Voucher.
Sign-on costs £45 for the day with unlimited runs. More info on the RWYB page.
Trophies for quickest in class:
- Class A – Quickest Vintage (pre-1950)
- Class B – Quickest Classic (1950-1970)
- Class C – Quickest Retro (1970-2000)
- Class D – Quickest Modern (2000 onwards)
- Class E – Quickest Bike
- Class X – Non-Road Legal
If you want maximum track time then come for the weekend as there is a RWYB on the Saturday with free camping for weekend ticket holders.
If you can't wait until Best of British, view the full calendar of RWYB dates at Santa Pod Raceway.
Open to British Vehicles Only
If you’ve got a great looking show car, why not bring it round to the heart of the show and park in the Show Car Paddock?
It's FREE to enter and open from 8am to register. Space is limited and the paddock fills up quickly so be sure to arrive early.
Autoglym prizes and trophies for:
Display the best cars that your club has to offer and book a club space today! There’s no better way to experience Best of British than having an allocated club area in the heart of the show! Club camping on grass is also available for those wishing to make a weekend of it!
If your club would like to attend and you have a minimum of 10 cars, please Download a Club Booking Form.
Booking deadline 5pm Tue 12th April.
- Buy 10 Get 1 Free Offer – For every 10 tickets you buy in one transaction, you will get one free (Not applicable with Winter Saver offer).
- Discounted booking fee when bulk booking tickets over the phone.
- An allocated club area for your members.
Full terms & conditions can be found on the booking form and no disputes will be entered into.
Open to British Cars Only
Do you reckon you've got the skills and precision to get yourself round our handling circuit? Its not just about speed, it's about driving ability and keeping a cool head! Put your skills to the test and see how you and your car get on.
Completely FREE to enter, all you need to do is show your driving licence and fill in the sign-on form. There is a trophy up for grabs, which will be presented to the day's quickest runner.
Rules & Regulations
- The Autotest circuit is ONLY for road legal cars. No slick tyres etc.
- Seatbelt is mandatory
- No Passengers allowed.
- A 5 second penalty will be added if you hit ANY part of the circuit. 3 penalties and the run is VOID
- Any reckless driving or failure to comply with the instructions of marshals will result in your immediate removal from site.
The Jet Dragster otherwise known as Fireforce 5 with it's George & The Dragon paint scheme will be lighting up the quarter mile. The jet engine can develop thrust equivalent to more than 10,000hp and Fireforce 5 can run the quarter-mile with a terminal speed of over 300mph!
Top freestyle motorcycle stunt rider Lee Bowers will be wowing the crowds with jaw-dropping motorbike stunts on on his new British Royal Enfields.
The best of British engineering taken to the extreme! You may remember your grandad doing the bread run in these, but these are not your everyday 100e cars as they have been built and tuned for maximum straight-line performance. Sub-10 second runs are the norm so make sure to catch these pocket rockets for the first round of the Modified 100e Challenge.
All the fun of the fair with Dodgems, Waltzers, Arcades, Candy Floss and Sideshows!
Token Bundles - Get 27 funfair tokens for £25 or 55 tokens for £50 and really keep the kids busy for hours! Each token counts as £1 when redeemed. (Tokens can be purchased via cash or card at the Central Token Box and are non-refundable.)
Ride prices: Dodgems - £5, Waltzer - £4, Sizzler - £4, Trampolines - £3, Kiddies Rides - £3. (No cash will be accepted on rides – tokens only.)
There will be traders at the show selling anything from clothing and stickers to car parts and collectables.
If you are a trader interested in trading at Santa Pod Raceway find Exhibitor Information here.
There are licensed bars and caterers on site selling food and drink. Cash machines are in the Shops but please be ready to pay for items on site from our catering units and Pod Shop with contactless card payment rather than cash. View Caterer details.
No tickets will be available on the gate, Pre-Booking Only
|Ticket Type||Winter Saver||Early
|Adult Saturday (Best of British)||£17.10||£19||£26||Sat 8am|
|Adult Sunday (RWYB)||£15||£15||£15||Sun 8am|
|Adult Weekend||£30.60||£34||£42||Sat 8am|
|Kids (under 5)||Free||Free||Free||N/A|
|Grandstand (per day)||Free||Free||Free||N/A|
|Winter Saver Tickets end 31st January, Early Tickets end 15th April.|
- All tickets and sign-on procedures are Pre-Booking Only – No tickets will be available on the gate.
- Postage option for tickets ends ONE week before the event starts. After this time only "print at home tickets" will be available.
- Kids Tickets (5-15) are £5 for Day and Weekend tickets. All kids pay full price for Grandstand tickets.
- All ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on "print at home tickets").
- All tickets are non-refundable. All tickets are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis.
- The option of Ticket Insurance via TicketPlan is available when you purchase your tickets.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- Kids tickets - Photo ID is required if kids look older than they are. Kids under 5 are free.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full gate price.
- Parking is free.
- Certain activities including Drag Racing are subject to weather and track conditions.
- No Glass! No Pets! No Fireworks! No Chinese Lanterns! No Drones! view full Essential Info.
- Please see Essential Info page for Adverse Weather Ticket Policy and other Terms and Conditions.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.