We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their patience and understanding during these unprecedented times.
New “Rule of Six”
The latest Government announcement states that from Monday 14th September, you must not meet with people from other households socially in groups of more than 6. This will apply indoors and outdoors, including in private homes. This change will simplify and clarify the rules on social gatherings, so they are easier to understand and easier for the police to enforce.
As a COVID-19 Secure venue, Santa Pod Raceway as a venue can still host larger numbers in total but groups of up to 6 must not mix or form larger groups anywhere on site, this includes camping also. This rule will not apply to individual households or support bubbles of more than 6 who will still be able to gather together. From Monday, this limit will be enforceable in law.
Please do not expect to set up a campsite consisting of more than 6 people (including children), this will not be allowed; in order to safeguard the continuation of camping at Santa Pod, we ask you to adhere strictly to the rules. Authorities can now close venues that are breaking the rules. Fines will be in place for venues who are not complying.
- The Group of Six rules apply to all visitor accessible areas - Spectator Grandstand and Spectator Banking, Bar/Catering areas, Pod Pub Garden, Café/Shop and Show & Shine area.
- A distance of 1 metre must be maintained between you and any other person not from the same household as you.
The maximum number of people (including children) allowed on a camping pitch is six, no exceptions. This is a legal requirement; Santa Pod Raceway must enforce this or we will fall foul of the Local Authority. Do not expect to camp in groups larger than six, it will not be allowed - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- If all members of the group are from the same household, no further restrictions within the group apply.
- If the group of six is made up from multiple households then social distancing rules of 1 metre must apply between the households within the group of six.
- Your camping pitch will be set out accordingly.
- Individuals from different households may not share a tent or caravan/motorhome.
- Please listen to the campsite marshals and be patient, placement may take a little longer due to these new rules.
- The Group of Six rule applies in the pits. The maximum number of people (including children) allowed in a pit space is six - no exceptions. This is a legal requirement; we must enforce this or SPR will fall foul of the Local Authority. Do not expect to pit in groups larger than six, it will not be allowed, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Groups of six: If all members of the group are from the same household, no further restrictions within the group apply. If the group of six is made up from multiple households then social distancing rules of 1 metre apply between the households within the group of six. Where 1 metre distance cannot be kept facemasks must be worn.
If You Cannot Comply With These New Rules Please Do Not Come!
The New Normal at Santa Pod – Important Information
- The GRANDSTANDS will be open with a one-way system in place to allow for social distancing. Please pay attention to markers, signage and stewards which will be clearly visible to help you navigate your way to a seat. Hand Sanitising stations will be available at the entrances to the grandstands.
- A one-way system is also in place for accessing the SPECTATOR BANK – please adhere to all signage and take any instruction given by our stewards and security. We ask you refrain from standing or sitting on the pathway that runs across the top of the bank to allow for social distancing and clear access.
- The RWYB PITS/RACE PADDOCK remain open for the public to walk around however, please DO NOT enter any pit bays and maintain social distancing from racers, crew and other visitors.
- We need to enforce a rule of a maximum of 2 support crew per car in the PAIRING AND STAGING LANES, any additional crew will be asked to vacate the restricted areas.
- PITSIDE PARKING is a new addition to our Lite events and you will be asked to park with social distancing in mind AND we will be enforcing one-way systems to anyone walking around the area.
- SOUND SYSTEMS - Whilst we appreciate it’s what you installed your sound system for, we ask you not to use it when you’re parked up at the moment or do anything with your vehicle that encourages crowds to gather round and cause people to raise their voices.
- We are delighted to inform you that we can now offer SHOWER facilities – these will be open with increased cleaning regimes in place. Please be mindful of all signage in place and take any instruction from the Hygiene Team.
- 10PM CURFEW - All Bars, Caterers and the Fun Fair will now be closing at 10pm.
STAY ALERT – CONTROL THE VIRUS – SAVE LIVES – And help keep Santa Pod safe too!
The safety and welfare of racegoers, participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. New hygiene, social distancing and safety measures have been introduced around site in line with Government guidance.
To allow for social distancing, we are limiting the number of tickets available each day on a first-come, first served basis. All tickets and sign-on procedures will be Pre-Booking Only.
Social Distancing, Hygiene and Safety Measures:
Before You Arrive
- We politely request that you do not attend if you or your household start displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 prior to the event. The main symptoms are: a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. (www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/)
- We encourage all participants (RWYB, DWYB, Racers & Crew) to bring their own first aid kits where possible for minor injuries.
- Ensure you have your tickets ready either printed off or on your phone prior to leaving for the event.
- Please be ready to pay for items on site from our catering units, bar and Pod Shop with contactless card payment rather than cash.
- The pits will be marked out to allow for social distancing between each pit bay to include race car and/or trailer only. We ask you stay within the marked pit bay and take any instruction given by the pit marshal and security. Additional parking will be available for Crew.
- Hand Sanitiser stations will be at key locations around site. We ask you uphold the highest possible hygiene standards with regular hand washing or use of hand sanitiser.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when moving around site, viewing the track and when queuing for the Sign On Office, Toilets, Catering Units, Bar and Pod Shop. Please pay attention to markers and signs which will be clearly visible at all key locations for your safety.
- For Weekend Ticket holders camping is available.
Please be Aware! Important Covid Camping Information
We are delighted to be able to offer you camping facilities for events HOWEVER, in order to safeguard the continuation of camping at Santa Pod, we ask you to adhere strictly to the following rules!
Current GOVERNMENT guidelines state that you cannot stay overnight away from your home with members of more than one other household (your support bubble counts as one household.)
Therefore, PLEASE follow the instructions of our stewards – these are challenging times – let’s not make their job more difficult!
- You will be allocated a camping pitch on arrival according to our new Covid-secure campsite regulations.
- Large group pitches WILL NOT be allowed, No more than 6 people (including children).
- You should take care to limit your interactions with anyone outside of your group and you should continue to maintain social distancing from those that you do not live with.
- Please use our extra wide roadways to get to other places on site – DO NOT stray into the camping areas of our other visitors.
- Remember your campsite manners and refrain from playing loud music or causing any kind of disturbance that may antagonise your neighbours or cause an unnecessary gathering of people and our stewards. The safety of our staff is important too.
- Abusive or threatening behaviour towards our staff or other visitors WILL NOT be tolerated and may result in an end to your stay and future visits.
- Keep your pitch clean and tidy and use the bin bags we give you to clear up before you leave!
If you have any campsite concerns during your stay then please contact any nearby steward/member of security OR call the Security Team on 07795(672170).
Failure to follow requests and instructions may result in removal from site!
COVID-19 - Tickets
Unfortunately due to Coronavirus and in line with Government Guidelines we have been forced to suspend some scheduled events at Santa Pod Raceway in 2020. Therefore ticket holders will receive a full credit to your Santa Pod Ticket Shop account equal to exactly what you’ve already paid, which can be redeemed against any Santa Pod Raceway event within the next 24 months. This will be added to your account and contrary to our standard terms and conditions, this credit will be available for 24 months instead of the standard 12 AND include any booking and postage fees that you’ve paid.
We are operating with a reduced workforce like so many other businesses causing a significant delay in our normal administration processes but we will be in touch with all our visitors as soon as we have more information to share. We are also trying hard to instigate a few more bells and whistles on our ticketing platform to make some of the admin quicker and more efficient for us all. Bear with us, while we work through all the communications, enquiries and requests from our customers – we’re dealing with everything as quickly as possible but it’s not easy.
Rest assured that we will get around to you!
In the meantime, we will keep you updated via our website, newsletters and social media.
Once again, thank you for your understanding during these very challenging circumstances.
"If ever there was ever a time when Santa Pod needed your support, it is now. We are asking you help us through this crisis by accepting the full credit values that we will be offering to every single one of our customers who have purchased advance tickets to affected events. On behalf of Santa Pod Raceway and all the staff I would like to thank you for all the support we have had over the past decades and sincerely hope we can count on your support. Help us to get through this - and in return we will continue to bring you the most exciting events in motorsport and entertainment in the UK." - CEO - Keith Bartlett