We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their patience and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Covid-19 Update - 24/03/21
Following our last update, Santa Pod is eager to announce its revised 2021 calendar of events. Navigating the latest Government guidance, restrictions and capacity caps is no mean feat with a calendar as diverse as ours. Therefore, it will come as no surprise that we have had to reshuffle our calendar yet again!
After further liaison and clarity from our Local Authority, we will be restricted to RWYB (Run What Ya Brung) and DWYB (Drift What Ya Brung) public track days until the end of Step 2 (May 17th) when spectators can return. This means of course, that we will unfortunately have to cancel The Fast Show, Le French Fest, Nostalgia Nationals, Street Weekend and The Vauxhall Show which had been planned for this period. Further to this, the schedule of RWYB and DWYB events has also been revised.
However, after May 17th (Step 3) we will be returning to spectator events (albeit with capacity limits) beginning with the re-scheduled Spring Speed Nationals on May 22nd/23rd and the first round of the National Championships.
Sadly, we will have to cancel “The Main Event” for 2021 (May 28th/31st), that being the first round of the FIA European Drag Racing Championship. This is of course, due to the continued capacity restrictions and with still no clear path on travel restrictions for that date, we also had to consider the position of the foreign teams and drivers who arrive from various European countries. Our European competitors are what makes “The Main Event” the spectacle it is. They certainly would not be able to self-isolate for 10 days. Taking everything into consideration we feel it is in the best interest of the event that we cancel this as a first round. That Bank Holiday weekend will now host the VW Breakout event which proved so popular last season.
The good news, however, is that we are re-scheduling the “Festival of Power – Unlocked!” from its original Easter date to the 25th-27th June. We will welcome back the smell of Nitro at last with this full round of the National Championships featuring all your favourite topflight drag racing action including Top Fuel Dragster, Nitro Funny Car, Jet Cars and a round for the wild 200mph Pro Modified Doorslammers. Our first 2021 real drag racing extravaganza!
Future European rounds of the 2021 FIA European Drag Racing Championship will be announced in due course. It is hoped that there will be at least 3-4 rounds that can still go ahead this year culminating at the traditional European Finals here at Santa Pod in September.
Tickets are now on sale at www.santapodtickets.com or via Box Office on 01234 782828
View the latest revised Santa Pod Raceway Calendar in full.
Covid-19 Measures at Santa Pod Raceway
Events at Santa Pod Raceway are currently limited to RWYBs and DWYBs.
NO spectators are permitted at this time – entrants & participants ONLY.
The safety and welfare of racegoers, participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. New hygiene, social distancing and safety measures have been introduced around site in line with Government guidance.
New Covid-19 Signing On Procedures
Each entrant will need to purchase the combined Race/Drift Voucher & Admission Ticket. Please note there will be NO SIGNING ON, on the day for RWYB. The sign on procedure is now built into the online ticket purchasing process BUT you will still need to present your driving licence at the signing on office for RWYB.
Additional Crew Tickets – Rule Of Six
In line with the government's 'Rule of Six' Additional Crew Admission Tickets are limited to 5 per driver. Groups, or teams, of larger than 6 people are not permitted at any time. Any groups, or teams, of 6 people or less are also restricted to people from a maximum of 2 households only. Ie. You may NOT have a group of 6 with members from 3 different households. Please note you may be asked to provide proof of address to evidence this.
The entrant must purchase ALL of their required crew tickets at the time of booking & entry - we will not be able to issue crew tickets in a separate transaction. We ask that teams MUST socially distance themselves when working on and around vehicles even within their pit bay.
Unfortunately, at this time both the spectator bank & grandstands will be shut in accordance with government guidelines. Spectators are not permitted – entrants & participants only. (16yrs+ ONLY - Kids Spectator Tickets are not available at this time.)
No Tickets Or Race Vouchers Will Be Available On The Day – Pre-Booking Only.
Before purchasing tickets, please read this Coronavirus information before visiting Santa Pod Raceway.
The safety and welfare of racegoers, participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. In preparation, we are introducing new hygiene and safety measures around site in line with Government guidance.
To allow for social distancing, we are limiting the number of tickets available each day on a first-come, first served basis. All tickets and sign-on procedures will be Pre-Booking Only.
Social Distancing, Hygiene And Safety Measures
Before You Arrive
- We politely request that you do not attend if you or your household start displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 prior to the event. The main symptoms are: a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. See www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for more details.
- Ensure you have your tickets ready either printed off or on your phone prior to leaving for the event. Please be ready to pay for items on site with contactless card payment rather than cash.
- We encourage participants to bring their own first aid kits where possible for minor injuries.
- Please be mindful of social distancing within the pits and allow enough space between each pit bay when you park up; each pit bay to include race car and/or trailer only. We ask you stay within your pit bay and take any instruction given by the pit marshal and security.
- All participants must socially distance themselves when working on and around vehicles even within their pit bay.
- Parking areas will be available for Additional Crew at RWYB.
- DWYB Sign On will take place in the Pod Shop. A one in one out system will be in place during sign on and you will need to present your driving licence. (Despite the Pod Shop being open for signing on, it will be closed for shopping.)
- DWYB Briefings will take place at 9:30am OUTSIDE the Pod Shop. Please ensure you maintain social distancing at all times during these briefings.
- Hand Sanitiser stations will be at key locations around site. We ask you uphold the highest possible hygiene standards with regular hand washing or use of hand sanitiser.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when moving around site, viewing the track and when queuing for the Sign On Office, Toilets & Catering Units. Please pay attention to markers and signs which will be clearly visible at all key locations for your safety.
- At this time the spectator bank & grandstands will be shut.
- The Pod Shop will be closed for shopping at this time.
- Catering will be limited at these events. We will be operating a single catering unit for take away fast food, tea, coffee and soft drinks. The Café will be closed. Contactless/card payment please.
- Camping is not available.
- Failure to follow requests and instructions may result in removal from site.
Important Additional Information
- Booking fees apply for advance price tickets. Prices are per person, per day.
- Additional Crew Admission Tickets are strictly limited to 5 per entrant (rule of six applies - six people from two households only) and must be bought in conjunction with each entry. The entrant must purchase ALL of their required crew tickets at the time of booking. We will not be able to issue crew tickets in a separate transaction. Please note Crew Tickets are Admission ONLY, not a race voucher.
- Please note that anyone 16 yrs and over are to be included in the allotted number of tickets per entrant. (Currently no Child Spectators under 16 are allowed.)
COVID-19 - Tickets
Unfortunately due to Coronavirus and in line with Government Guidelines we have been forced to suspend some scheduled events at Santa Pod Raceway in 2020. Therefore ticket holders will receive a full credit to your Santa Pod Ticket Shop account equal to exactly what you’ve already paid, which can be redeemed against any Santa Pod Raceway event within the next 24 months. This will be added to your account and contrary to our standard terms and conditions, this credit will be available for 24 months instead of the standard 12 AND include any booking and postage fees that you’ve paid.
We are operating with a reduced workforce like so many other businesses causing a significant delay in our normal administration processes but we will be in touch with all our visitors as soon as we have more information to share. We are also trying hard to instigate a few more bells and whistles on our ticketing platform to make some of the admin quicker and more efficient for us all. Bear with us, while we work through all the communications, enquiries and requests from our customers – we’re dealing with everything as quickly as possible but it’s not easy.
Rest assured that we will get around to you!
In the meantime, we will keep you updated via our website, newsletters and social media.
Once again, thank you for your understanding during these very challenging circumstances.
"If ever there was ever a time when Santa Pod needed your support, it is now. We are asking you help us through this crisis by accepting the full credit values that we will be offering to every single one of our customers who have purchased advance tickets to affected events. On behalf of Santa Pod Raceway and all the staff I would like to thank you for all the support we have had over the past decades and sincerely hope we can count on your support. Help us to get through this - and in return we will continue to bring you the most exciting events in motorsport and entertainment in the UK." - CEO - Keith Bartlett