We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their patience and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Covid-19 Update - 02/03/21
Following the government’s road map announcement on Monday 22nd February, we can confirm that all scheduled events up until April 12th (Road Map Step 2) will unfortunately not take place. However, in this ever-changing environment, we are now working closely with our Local Authority to identify exactly what event formats we will be allowed and when we can to host them during this period. It is hoped that we may be able to offer some RYWB/Track Day/Test Day events in accordance with the rules but whilst we await more detail, we ask for your continued patience and support. Please do not overwhelm us with event queries right now as we will update all customers with the latest developments as and when they occur.
COVID -19 Statement from Santa Pod CEO – Keith Bartlett
Firstly, may I wish everyone a very happy New Year and a massive thank you for all your support in 2020, through the most difficult period we have ever experienced since I purchased Santa Pod Raceway in 1996.
Despite the ongoing difficulties and yet another total lockdown, we are pleased to announce our 2021 calendar. You will see from the calendar that we are pushing ahead with full season of events plus adding a few new ones too. This will of course be subject to current restrictions being lifted or at least eased to the level needed to welcome you back properly.
Last summer, Santa Pod Raceway worked hard to become a truly COVID-secure venue and operated many events successfully throughout the continuous changes in Government guidelines. Despite the associated spiralling costs, Santa Pod was able to accommodate full drag racing track action together with a range of exhibition vehicles on and around the drag strip as well as the popular camping element to our shows. Grandstand viewing, show car displays, catering, and trade stands, were all executed in an approved COVID secure manner so you can expect all those activities again at the very least - but we’re hoping to expand our offering of course!
May I take this opportunity once more to thank every single person who has supported Santa Pod in 2020 whether you are a regular fan, a once-a-year visitor, racer, crew, sponsor, supplier, or just a follower of Santa Pod on social media - all your support counts for so much. That support will surely be needed again as like many businesses in the leisure and events industry, the cost of existence has risen dramatically and our ability to generate income is thwarted once more.
We intend to put tickets on sale for March 1st. This unusual delay will be to ensure the confidence of our customers as we plan to offer a new ticket insurance policy. This popular scheme will be provided by TicketPlan, one of the leading providers of event ticket insurance.
Ben Bray of TicketPlan: “We are proud and delighted to be partnering with Santa Pod to offer ticket buyers additional peace of mind that should they choose to protect their order with TicketPlan, they can apply for a refund if the worst happens and they are unable to attend the event they have booked for due to unforeseen circumstances such as: accidents, transport issues and illnesses including if you or a member of your household tests positive for COVID-19.”
Things are tough for us all, but I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to seeing all of you back at Santa Pod in 2021 as soon as possible.
See you at the Track!
The New Normal at Santa Pod – Important Information
- The GRANDSTANDS will be open with a one-way system in place to allow for social distancing. Please pay attention to markers, signage and stewards which will be clearly visible to help you navigate your way to a seat. Hand Sanitising stations will be available at the entrances to the grandstands.
- A one-way system is also in place for accessing the SPECTATOR BANK – please adhere to all signage and take any instruction given by our stewards and security. We ask you refrain from standing or sitting on the pathway that runs across the top of the bank to allow for social distancing and clear access.
- The RWYB PITS/RACE PADDOCK remain open for the public to walk around however, please DO NOT enter any pit bays and maintain social distancing from racers, crew and other visitors.
- We need to enforce a rule of a maximum of 2 support crew per car in the PAIRING AND STAGING LANES, any additional crew will be asked to vacate the restricted areas.
- PITSIDE PARKING is a new addition to our Lite events and you will be asked to park with social distancing in mind AND we will be enforcing one-way systems to anyone walking around the area.
- SOUND SYSTEMS - Whilst we appreciate it’s what you installed your sound system for, we ask you not to use it when you’re parked up at the moment or do anything with your vehicle that encourages crowds to gather round and cause people to raise their voices.
- We are delighted to inform you that we can now offer SHOWER facilities – these will be open with increased cleaning regimes in place. Please be mindful of all signage in place and take any instruction from the Hygiene Team.
- 10PM CURFEW - All Bars, Caterers and the Fun Fair will now be closing at 10pm.
STAY ALERT – CONTROL THE VIRUS – SAVE LIVES – And help keep Santa Pod safe too!
The safety and welfare of racegoers, participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. New hygiene, social distancing and safety measures have been introduced around site in line with Government guidance.
To allow for social distancing, we are limiting the number of tickets available each day on a first-come, first served basis. All tickets and sign-on procedures will be Pre-Booking Only.
Social Distancing, Hygiene and Safety Measures:
Before You Arrive
- We politely request that you do not attend if you or your household start displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 prior to the event. The main symptoms are: a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. (www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/)
- We encourage all participants (RWYB, DWYB, Racers & Crew) to bring their own first aid kits where possible for minor injuries.
- Ensure you have your tickets ready either printed off or on your phone prior to leaving for the event.
- Please be ready to pay for items on site from our catering units, bar and Pod Shop with contactless card payment rather than cash.
- The pits will be marked out to allow for social distancing between each pit bay to include race car and/or trailer only. We ask you stay within the marked pit bay and take any instruction given by the pit marshal and security. Additional parking will be available for Crew.
- Hand Sanitiser stations will be at key locations around site. We ask you uphold the highest possible hygiene standards with regular hand washing or use of hand sanitiser.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when moving around site, viewing the track and when queuing for the Sign On Office, Toilets, Catering Units, Bar and Pod Shop. Please pay attention to markers and signs which will be clearly visible at all key locations for your safety.
- For Weekend Ticket holders camping is available.
Please be Aware! Important Covid Camping Information
We are delighted to be able to offer you camping facilities for events HOWEVER, in order to safeguard the continuation of camping at Santa Pod, we ask you to adhere strictly to the following rules!
Current GOVERNMENT guidelines state that you cannot stay overnight away from your home with members of more than one other household (your support bubble counts as one household.)
Therefore, PLEASE follow the instructions of our stewards – these are challenging times – let’s not make their job more difficult!
- You will be allocated a camping pitch on arrival according to our new Covid-secure campsite regulations.
- Large group pitches WILL NOT be allowed, No more than 6 people (including children).
- You should take care to limit your interactions with anyone outside of your group and you should continue to maintain social distancing from those that you do not live with.
- Please use our extra wide roadways to get to other places on site – DO NOT stray into the camping areas of our other visitors.
- Remember your campsite manners and refrain from playing loud music or causing any kind of disturbance that may antagonise your neighbours or cause an unnecessary gathering of people and our stewards. The safety of our staff is important too.
- Abusive or threatening behaviour towards our staff or other visitors WILL NOT be tolerated and may result in an end to your stay and future visits.
- Keep your pitch clean and tidy and use the bin bags we give you to clear up before you leave!
If you have any campsite concerns during your stay then please contact any nearby steward/member of security OR call the Security Team on 07795(672170).
Failure to follow requests and instructions may result in removal from site!
COVID-19 - Tickets
Unfortunately due to Coronavirus and in line with Government Guidelines we have been forced to suspend some scheduled events at Santa Pod Raceway in 2020. Therefore ticket holders will receive a full credit to your Santa Pod Ticket Shop account equal to exactly what you’ve already paid, which can be redeemed against any Santa Pod Raceway event within the next 24 months. This will be added to your account and contrary to our standard terms and conditions, this credit will be available for 24 months instead of the standard 12 AND include any booking and postage fees that you’ve paid.
We are operating with a reduced workforce like so many other businesses causing a significant delay in our normal administration processes but we will be in touch with all our visitors as soon as we have more information to share. We are also trying hard to instigate a few more bells and whistles on our ticketing platform to make some of the admin quicker and more efficient for us all. Bear with us, while we work through all the communications, enquiries and requests from our customers – we’re dealing with everything as quickly as possible but it’s not easy.
Rest assured that we will get around to you!
In the meantime, we will keep you updated via our website, newsletters and social media.
Once again, thank you for your understanding during these very challenging circumstances.
"If ever there was ever a time when Santa Pod needed your support, it is now. We are asking you help us through this crisis by accepting the full credit values that we will be offering to every single one of our customers who have purchased advance tickets to affected events. On behalf of Santa Pod Raceway and all the staff I would like to thank you for all the support we have had over the past decades and sincerely hope we can count on your support. Help us to get through this - and in return we will continue to bring you the most exciting events in motorsport and entertainment in the UK." - CEO - Keith Bartlett